"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Four Children....(I Like Saying That!)

About one hour before the kids went trick or treating, Grace decided she did not want to be a Bumblebee or a Queen--she wanted to be a Cowboy! Thank goodness we have an ample supply of dress-up clothes, so we were able to throw a costume together with only one quick stop at KMart to pick up a holster set. While pointing at her waist, she insisted "I need this!" (meaning gun & holster)

So here are our FOUR children--Flapper Girl, Sherlock Holmes, A Cowgirl, and a Bumblebee:


And, just to report back on the poll...we kept Daddy's bumblebee outfit. He didn't even wear it though. We'll have to save it for future torture-I mean-use!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, they look cute! I am so disappointed in Kevin! Adam and I both agreed that we could absolutely see him as a daddy bumblebee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how blessed you are to be able to say that!! I'm looking forward to the day I can say 'these are my five (or six :D) children! They are all great! But where is the pic of your cowgirl? I just see the bumblebee... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, okay waking up now! Grace was the cowgirl! lol! It's been a loooong day and it's not over just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy...I know! What is this world coming to if Kevin isn't being goofy, especially to spite his own children! LOL

    JoEllen...Some days are much longer than others...I feel your pain! :)

    ReplyDelete