"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Waiting on Others.....Resting in Him

As we started our adoption journey, I would hear over and over again how the hardest part will be the waiting. We have found out that this is so true!

Honestly, I don't mind the filling out the paperwork--the grant writer in me, I suppose--but I DO mind the waiting: waiting for the appointments, waiting for the Home Study, waiting for approvals, waiting on others to do their part. If I were in control, our dossier would have been submitted, and we would be on our way to bring Bella home.

But, guess what? I am not in control, AND others are not in control--God is! What peace comes to my soul when I stop and remember that comforting fact! God IS in control, not me, not my social worker, not the state, not USCIS.... Therefore, I can rest in Him knowing that His timing is perfect and His ways are not my own. Ahh...Resting in Him. What comfort!

When times are trying, I meditate on this--my very favorite Bible verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I need to keep repeating that verse to myself!!! Our dossier has been done since the middle of January except for our I-171H (that we applied for in Dec). It is the only thing keeping us from sending our dossier to Ukraine. I have been having a hard time this weeks with the waiting. I am reminding myself over and over that God is in control and things will happen in His time.

    Waiting and praying with you,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime,

    I am sorry you have had to wait so long! Thanks for sharing. Will be praying for you too....Paula

    ReplyDelete