"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Diving In

Steven Curtis Chapman, a favorite Christian artist of mine, has a song that truly describes my feelings at this moment. Here are the lyrics to "Dive":

The long awaited rains
Have fallen hard upon the thirsty ground
And carved their way to where
The wild and rushing river can be found
And like the rains
I have been carried here to where the river flows

My heart is racing and my knees are weak
As I walk to the edge
I know there is no turning back
Once my feet have left the ledge
And in the rush I hear a voice
That's telling me it's time to take the leap of faith
So here I go

I'm diving in
I'm going deep in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head I want to go
The river's deep, the river's wide, the river's water is alive
So sink or swim
I'm diving in........

So here I go..... Blogging (which I said I would never do) about adopting a precious little girl from Eastern Europe. How much scarier can it get for an old mama like me! But I'm taking a deep breath and "diving" in. Won't you join us as we take this leap of faith?


  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!! Blessings to your family as you journey to bring Bella home.


  2. Hi Audrey.....Thanks for the welcomes and support.